The title of my theoretical book, intended to help other vertically challenged mothers cope with their impossibly tall children. I know you shouldn't place blame, but in this case it's clear that Brandon is to blame.
It seems like she's growing every day. How do I measure this? Not by a growth chart but by the objects that she manages to reach, pull down or turn off.
Nothing is safe anymore. She's been able to reach our kitchen countertops for a while, but now her reach is extended inland, so knifes and the like have to be directly in the middle. Sigh. She loves to "cime" on the bar stools because she just doesn't feel tall enough. She's also found a way to "cime" the cabinets, squeezing her fat little feet onto the lips of the cabinets and giving herself another 6 inches. Just what I need.
Lately she's taken to turning the lights off. But she isn't quite tall enough to turn them back on again, leaving us in the dark on more than one occasion until one of us can pry our butts from the couch to re-illuminate the room. Or I could just wait until tomorrow when she's tall enough to turn them off AND on.
No comments:
Post a Comment