We've been counting body parts lately, trying
to make some progress when it comes to counting. And we would be making
progress...if I actually had 7 eyes.
I've been making a concerted effort to turn every day things into learning opportunities as best I can. That usually means we end up counting eyes, ears, fingers and toes. Yep, I was born to teach (that was meant to drip with sarcasm.)
I've been making a concerted effort to turn every day things into learning opportunities as best I can. That usually means we end up counting eyes, ears, fingers and toes. Yep, I was born to teach (that was meant to drip with sarcasm.)
There have been a few setbacks. Namely, the numbers "4, 5 and 6". She counts her eyes well enough, but when it came to counting mine, she tells me I've been blessed with 7.
But today, we had a breakthrough. On the way home from some errands, I had a Dora CD blasting. You know, to entertain Teagan. I stopped belting out the inane backpack theme song long enough to hear her count from 1 to 7 (4,5 and 6 included) of her own accord! Hooray! Then I realized that I was paying more attention to the music and turned it off. After Shakira's duet with Dora, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment