Monday, December 29, 2014

Things Teagan Says VI

"When I was a Grandma, I used to go to heaven all the time."

Out of the blue: "Grandad died. Why?"

T: "What was her name? Who was dat? Is it a girl or a boy?"
Me: "I don't know."
T: "I'm asking Daddy."
Daddy: "Her name is Sally."
T: "Who's Sally?"

Talking to Aunt Tiffy about boobs - still not sure how that one came up...
Teagan: "What are these?"
Tiffy: "What your mummy has."
Teagan: "What are they for?"
Tiffy: "To feed babies."
Teagan: "Where's your baby?"
Tiffy: "I don't have one."
Teagan...pointing: "Are they broken?"

"Those are church diapers! See? He's wearing a church shirt!"
Colouring a picture of a frog that's saying "Kiss me!" I asked if she would kiss a frog...
"Yes, when it's coloured."

T: "Guess what."
Me: "What?"
T: "I love you. Guess what."
Me: "What?"
T: I love my brother so much.

She wanted to take photos of me...
"That was PERFECT!" The photos were all blurry and incredibly ill-timed. The encouragement was nice, though.

Me: "Do you want to be a mum?"
T: "Maybe. But I don't know. I'm sleeping now that I'm four."
Wise words, little one.

Me: "We are going to chat with G-Pop's mummy tomorrow."
T: "What does she look like?
Me: "Well she looks a lot like G-Pop."
T: "But she probably has a different sound than G-Pop. And she probably doesn't have a mustache."

Less than a week after cutting out snuggling and having her beg me to stay I lingered for 5 seconds after finishing my song. In the darkness, "What are you still doing here?" Charming.

Sitting in the cart at the dollar store, resting her chin in her hands and reflecting that she used to do things Mason did when she was little like Mason.

"Sometimes I get out of here to go places."

"It's just so FASCINATING!" (she meant frustrating)

"Never get away from me anymore!" (she in fact wanted me to go away. Mixed messages.)

One day I was making a concerted effort to be really fun and spontaneous.
"Why do you keep doing fun things, mom?"
Apparently it was out of character. And unnecessary.

At Big Hero 6, during a somber (and silent) moment after a death:
"Why does fire make people die?"

Mason grunts.
T: "He's making a funny noise. I think he's dying."
The only thing dying is my olfactory sense. He was tooting - not dying.

"Daddy! There's an eagle in your shoe!"
(Buddy was wearing an old WSU basketball tournament shirt featuring a shoe with wings.)

Trying to convince her to sleep in her own bed...
Buddy: "Daddy's too big for the bed."
T: "It's okay, Dad. Everybody's feet do that sometimes."
Buddy: "Do you think I will break the bed?"
T: It will not break it. But there's a soft blanket. You will be fine, Daddy."

"Look! She has an eyebrow like Bert!"

No comments:

Post a Comment