Friday, November 21, 2014

I'd like to submit a name for the Naughty List.

Remember that destructive phase Teagan's been in? The stakes got higher. I've been looking for my glasses for a week now and have been relying on my 7 year old pair that requires me to squint oh-so-slightly. And apparently I will be doing that for a while. 
When Teagan was struggling with bedtime, she busied herself in her room painting her dolls, ripping library books and unbeknownst to me, pulverizing my glasses. 
 
Not sure what caused him to notice - perhaps a gleam of light reflecting off the lenses, now completely separate entities - but I'm so glad for whatever it was that made him crouch to take a closer look at the garbage in Teagan's room. I'm going to try to find the silver lining here and point out that she disposed of the garbage in the appropriate receptacle. Of course, there wouldn't have been any garbage if it weren't for her, but I'm trying not to think about that. There's also the fact that she clearly isn't an evil genius, since she didn't think enough to dispose of the evidence elsewhere and frame her brother. That will come, I suppose.
I explained to her why it was wrong and that I couldn't see anymore and she may have even felt a twinge of regret. I woke the next morning to find my 6+ year old back-up glasses tenderly placed next to my bed. The thoughtful way she placed them on the bedside table for me almost made up for the fact that she demolished my good glasses and took my spot in my bed last night. Except that it doesn't. At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment