Saturday, October 27, 2012

Booday partay

I am painfully aware that birthday parties have to stay the same or get bigger every year, and so we opted for another small gathering of friends this year, and specifically no no-ed presents. Apparently people love Teagan, because she still got some really sweet gifts. We have good friends. 
They even came in spite of me warning them that Teagan had a nasty cold the day before and was laid out on the couch for most of the day. Everyone braved it, and I'm glad they did, because she was well rested for the party. Only a runny nose remained, which completely negated the adorableness of her dress.

Like a good neighbour, Statens are there. That's our jingle for the Statens down the street, who we couldn't survive without. Whether it's borrowing a van or power washer or scavenging ingredients for things, Katie and Ryan ALWAYS come through for us. Today was no exception. Katie came early to see if there was anything I needed help with, and of course there was. She made the icing from scratch, with her own ingredients. Then, when I burst my icing bag (ahem, Ziploc) creating The Blob that threatened to take over the entire cake, she stepped in, scraped it off and finished writing Happy Birthday Teagan for me. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of the finished product, but it was a sight to behold. I'm going to skip the middleman next year and just call her to begin with.

Teagan's little friend McKenna came, and Teagan cannot keep away from her. Poor Kenna puts up with her, and Teagan will not tolerate indifference.
Her little friends seemed to have fun with all of Teagan's toys, while Teagan contentedly played with an infant carseat in the corner. A gracious hostess indeed. Brandon had friends to talk sports with and I had some of my dearest friends in the ward to commiserate with and wonder where the years have gone. She opened a colouring book and fancy crayons from the Headlees and practically fell out of her chair with excitement. Amy said she'd never seen such a reaction to a dollar store colouring book :) It was awesome. She loves her Rapunzel tea set from the Statens, and I'm sure Olivia can give her some proper tips on hosting a princess tea party. So sweet of them.
Cake and candles went over much better than they did with Grandma & Grandpa Richards - still befuddles me that she got so scared the second time. It was wonderful to have our house filled with friends, food and fun. Her best birthday this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment