Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Real Pretend.

Today we played our first real pretend game. Oxymoron alert? Regardless, it was hilarious...the first 17 times. I busted out the Easter decorations on March 18th, realizing that I didn't have much time before Easter was actually upon us. So out came the eggs and we haven't stopped playing with them since.
She decided she wanted to be Little Red Riding Hood and deliver eggs and cookies to Grandma: Me. (Love hearing her beckon to me as Grandma, by the way. :|) She put all the eggs in a basket and started to skip around the living room, swinging her basket and singing "la, la, la" over and over until she dumped them out and they were strewn across the living room. 
She'd proclaim, "Oh no! My eggs!" or "My cookies!" depending on her mood. She'd look to me and say "Grandma, help me please?" So Grandma would pat her on the back and say, "Don't worry. I'll fix it."
Then roles were reversed and I was required to be Red Riding Hood. There was nothing sweeter than Teagan dropping to her knees beside me, rubbing my back and reassuring me with, "Don't worry. I fix it." So sweet and so exhausting. Neither of us was allowed to break character until Teagan decided we were finished playing, which seemed to take hours. She's nothing if not committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment