I'll have to confirm with Guinness, but I may have the world's most polite two year old. Her vocabulary is increasing exponentially, but the words she uses most seem to be "pease", "dand you", "shoory" and "wowcome" (please, thank you, sorry and you're welcome, in case you didn't catch it).
We inherited a series of 12 phonics books featuring Dora the Explorer from a great friend. She loved reading them for the first week or two, but now she's moved on to stacking them instead. But not before having me hand her the dozen books individually. Once she's created her literary tower, she passes them back to me. One by one. By one. It's some of the most tedious playtimes I've ever experienced, but the saving grace is the dialogue.
As I pass them to her:
"Pease."
"Dand you."
"You're welcome."
12 times over.
Once she has them all stacked, she cautions me to be "Cayful!" And then she passes them to me:
"Please."
"Thank you."
"Wahcome." (I keep thinking she's about to say waka waka. One day.)
x 12
If got bored reading this, try living it. Over. And over. And over. I suppose I should be glad that she's using her manners. Correctly. She doesn't always get it right. Take last week for example:
Mummy after Teagan broke wind: "What do we say when we toot?"
Teagan: "Thank you."
Manners are confusing.
Mummy after Teagan broke wind: "What do we say when we toot?"
Teagan: "Thank you."
Manners are confusing.
No comments:
Post a Comment